I help startups with exciting ideas
build remarkable apps.
Hardworking professional who loves to design web apps for startups with exciting ideas. My specialty is Ruby on Rails & PostgreSQL, and in recent years I've been increasingly using React in my work. Ultimately, I'm passionate about front- and back-end development, and have the experience to work anywhere in the stack.
Building web applications for startups & entrepreneurs.
- Built prototypes and minimum viable product for startups.
- Decreased development costs by re-using Ruby on Rails templates for common features such as User Authentication.
- Provided time-tracking reports, delivered features in weekly iterations, and allowed clients to observe Agile Design process, resulting in tremendous client satisfaction.
Electronic Reporting & Supply-Chain Management for Fisheries.
- Apprenticed under a senior Ruby on Rails developer of 10 years, leading to sharing senior developer duties of interviewing, on-boarding, & code-reviewing software developers.
- Designed core features of the flagship app, and grew 2 Ruby on Rails apps from prototypes into services that were purchased and adapted for clients.
- Collaborated with mobile developer regularly to integrate API with Android app.
Sales & Service of Rogers Wireless products at Western Canada's highest traffic store.
- Awarded "Exceptional" performance review five years in-a-row, showing the motivation to excel in a corporate environment.
- Trained 100+ employees in the Fraser Valley area, resulting in the region's highest Net Promoter Scores (NPS) and a 10% salary bonus to all employees.
Magic Bullet Publishing
Helped entrepreneurs automate the sale of their products & services online.
- Setup 100+ sales funnels using WordPress and Ruby on Rails.
- Monetized products and created membership sites that connected subscription services & content to payment processors.
- Automated content drip for subscribers through video webinars & mailing lists.
Tools for enhancing SEO rankings and appraising domain value.
- Increased profits in domain purchasing operations by designing and continuously tweaking algorithms to predict best domains to buy/sell based on Alexa.com and Google Keywords API.
My Technology Stack in 2020
Finds all images in a given directory, extracts their GPS info, then dumps that along with the filename into a CSV or HTML file.
Why I use RubyMine